1. Identify and describe parts that are common to many valves.
2. List the different purposes of valves.
3. Explore the different design styles of valves.
4. List the advantages and disadvantages of common types of valves.
5. Describe some aspects of proper valve operation and maintenance.
6. Explain the design and function of safety and relief valves.
7. Explain the design and function of control valves.
8. Explore the different types of actuators for valves.
This training module is designed to provide you with the tools needed to understand the fundamentals of common valves and their associated actuators used in industrial applications. This understanding will enable you to recognize and understand the operation of these valves in a process unit.