4. VESSELS AND STORAGE TANKS
1. List common purposes of vessels.
2. Categorize vessels by the purposes they serve.
3. Identify external parts of vessels.
4. Describe the purpose, function, and location of internal vessel parts.
5. Recognize and describe the function of selected vessel types.
6. Explain instrumentation that can be found on vessels.
7. List the common purposes of storage tanks.
8. Categorize tanks.
9. Recognize and describe the function of different types of tanks.
10. Explain instrumentation that can be found on vessels.
11. List the types of fire and spill protection used for tanks.
This training module is designed to provide you with the tools to understand the fundamentals of common vessels and storage tanks used in industrial applications, and will enable you to recognize and understand the operation of these in a process unit.