1. State the general purpose of a pump.
2. Identify common pump parts and pump arrangements within a system.
3. List the two main categories of pumps and state the associated working principle.
4. List the selection criteria for pumps based on advantages and disadvantages.
5. Describe the parts and function of centrifugal, axial flow, and mixed flow dynamic
6. Explore pump performance curves and NPSH for dynamic pumps.
7. Describe how to ensure reliable and safe operation of dynamic pumps.
8. Identify reciprocating and rotary pumps.
9. Describe the parts and function of piston, plunger, and diaphragm pumps.
10. Describe the parts and function of gear, screw, vane, and lobe pumps.
11. Describe how to ensure reliable and safe operation of positive displacement
This training module is designed to provide you with the tools to understand the fundamentals of common pumps as they are used in the industry to enable you to recognize and understand operation of these pumps as part of a process unit.