9. ELECTRIC MOTORS AND TURBINES
1. Explore the electromagnetic forces that act on an electric motor.
2. Explain how a DC motor works.
3. Explain how an AC motor works.
4. List the important properties of electric motors.
5. Recognize and classify turbines.
6. Explore how a steam turbine works.
7. Explore how a gas turbine works.
8. Describe the systems associated with turbines, such as lube oil, speed control, and
This module provides information about electric motors and turbines that are used to drive equipment. After completion of this module, you will be able to apply the basic functionality and operation principles of motors and turbines to industrial applications.