1. Describe the main purpose of compressors.
1. Classify compressors by their operating principles.
2. Explain important terms such as pressure head, compressor load, and
3. Explore how gas is compressed in positive displacement compressors.
4. Identify the parts and explain the working principles of rotary, reciprocating, and
5. Explore how gas is compressed in dynamic compressors.
6. Identify the parts and explain the working principles of centrifugal and axial
7. Explain the purpose and general function of auxiliary compressor equipment such
as lube oil, seal oil/gas, and cooling systems.
8. List the typical monitoring points for compressors, recognize different control
schemes such as anti-surge control, and list conditions that can trip a compressor.
9. Explain how compressors fit into a production unit.
This module provides information about compressors as they are used in industrial settings. Upon completion of this module, you will be able to apply the basic functionality and operation principles of different types of compressors to industrial applications.